* New England Environmental Justice Summit 2014 *
When: Friday, October 17, Saturday, October 18, and Sunday, October 19, 2014
Where: Saint James Episcopal Church, 76 Federal Street, New London, CT
Details: Registration is closed: [http://ne-environmental-justice-summit-2014.eventbrite.com].
Goals of the New England Environmental Justice Summit 2014:
- CONTINUE BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS;
- CELEBRATE VICTORIES AND CHALLENGES;
- SHARE CULTURE WE BRING TO OUR WORK; and
- BUILD WITH PEOPLE WE HAVEN'T CONNECTED WITH IN THE PAST.
The program and notes are available here.
New England EJ Summit | October 17-19, 2014
Saint James Episcopal Church 76 Federal St. New London, CT 06320
5:00 p.m.- 7:30 p.m. Registration
7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Summit Kick-Off
8:30 a.m.- 9:00 a.m. Registration
9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Breakfast and Summit Opening panel
11:30 p.m.- 12:30 p.m. Lunch
12:30 p.m.- 1:30 p.m. Local Service Project
1:30 p.m.- 3:00 p.m. Breakout Session I
- Coal Plants and What's Next: Fighting for a Just Transition
- What's next after the People's Climate March: How EJ Groups Are Taking The Lead
- Healthy Homes and Indoor Environments
- Food Justice
- Experience New London: March to Hodges Square and Painting Project
3:15 p.m.- 4:45 p.m. Breakout Session II
- Natural Gas Pipelines in New England: How Communities Are Fighting Back
- Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy: How You Can Make Your Home More Affordable, Efficient, and Sustainable
- Transit Justice
- EJ Film: Fighting Against Displacement and Gentrification
- Winning Community Benefits Agreements
5:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m. Community Dinner and Evening celebration
9:30am -11:15am Multi-faith service dedicated to environmental justice
(All Souls New London 19 Jay St. New London, CT 06320)
Thank you to the planning committee, attendees, and speakers!
Please contact us at moc.liamg|murofjeen#moc.liamg|murofjeen if you have any questions.